This page has moved to a new address.

 

              A Rainy Day        

 
    Two of Everything: A Rainy Day

Thursday 31 May 2012

A Rainy Day

Today it has rained all day.  We've been to twins' group this week and the supermarket too, and I object to paying £6 to go to our local soft play place.  Everything costs more when you have two!  After more than a week of beautiful sunshine and lots of outdoor play, we were stuck indoors, so I had to get a bit creative.

This morning I hunted out a story bag which used to belong to my mum when she was working.  She was an Early Years teacher, like me, and she was fantastic at putting these bags and boxes together for children to explore stories.  The children had a lovely time looking at the books and playing with the soft toys.


After, they enjoyed playing with the fabric.  Little Miss always makes a beeline for this kind of thing at twins' group; she likes to wrap them around herself, and put them over her head, popping out to say "boo!"  And trust a boy to make himself a cape, although he was buzzing like a bee - no superman just yet!


After lunch and a nap, it was time to get messy.  This morning I made some edible paints, a recipe I found on The Imagination Tree, a lovely blog with lots of fantastic ideas for things to do with your little ones.  It is made with boiling water so it had to have some time to cool.  This is the first time I've been brave enough to do anything like this - a class full of three year olds doesn't bother me in the least; 18 month old twins is another matter entirely...

Well, it went brilliantly.  They really enjoyed it and spent a good half an hour exploring, which I thought was pretty amazing.  I thought there was going to be enough left to do it again tomorrow but they kept asking for more and it had soon all gone!  Here they are having a whale of a time:


I'm linking this up with Multiple Mummy's Family Frolics

2 Comments:

At 3 June 2012 at 20:06 , Blogger multiplemummy said...

What a brilliant indoor day you had. It is so hard keeping toddlers entertained indoors all day, especially twins. I will try those edible paints out on my two, and the story bags are genius!

So glad you linked so I could find another twin mum.


Thanks for sharing on Family Frolics.

 
At 3 June 2012 at 20:08 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

You're welcome, happy to join in a lovely linky! The paints are fab, definitely give them a whirl :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home