This page has moved to a new address.

 

              Meal Planning Monday        

 
    Two of Everything: Meal Planning Monday

Monday 4 June 2012

Meal Planning Monday

It's getting a bit tricky now.  It is really nice letting the children explore the veg box, but trying to get them to do it carefully is not a one person job.  Today we had tomatoes in the box, two of which were picked up then dropped on the floor, and Little Man ran off with the red pepper and sunk his teeth into it.  Ah well, I suppose it comes with the territory with twins, and they get so excited when they see the box now (they follow me shouting "bo! bo!") I can't really stop letting them explore...

Diving into the veg box

My Little Man, posing with his treasure!

Here's what we're having this week:

Chicken tikka, spinach dhal, raita and homemade pitta bread - the chicken is a mamacook recipe and was really nice (we had this last night) - the children both ate an entire chicken thigh!  And I will never buy a pitta bread again after these homemade ones...

Courgette fritters with quorn sausages in tomato and pepper sauce - having been quite scathing about quorn sausages last week they were actually really nice in the pasta bake (I'd only had them on their own before) so I thought I'd do them again!  The fritters are in this month's Good Food magazine, looking forward to trying them.

Fish pie and broccoli - speaks for itself really...

Spinach fritatta with potato wedges and salad - I've started putting a bit of smoked paprika on wedges after seeing the idea on mamacook; they are totally delicious!

Slow roast pork shoulder, ratatouille and jacket potatoes - the pork takes about 4 hours to cook but it just falls apart when it's done, and makes the most amazing crackling.  It's based on a Jamie Oliver recipe but a 2kg shoulder is a bit big for my little family!  I can't manage the faff of gravy with two hungry toddlers round my feet, so at least I can make ratatouille while they're asleep at lunchtime...


Last week's peanut butter cookies were an abject failure - much too crumbly and cakey (they don't like cake), so yesterday I made oat and sultana cookies again.  They are far more popular!  This was during their lunchtime nap, at the same time as making the pitta breads from scratch, stewing a batch of rhubarb and making the dhal for last night's tea.  I must be bonkers...

I'm heading over to Mrs M's to see what everyone else is eating this week...


6 Comments:

At 4 June 2012 at 15:11 , Blogger Paula said...

Thank you for sharing the chicken tikka recipe! Definatly one i would like to try!

 
At 4 June 2012 at 16:19 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

I can wholeheartedly recommend it - it's really straightforward too!

 
At 5 June 2012 at 00:07 , Blogger The Mini Mes and Me said...

I think it's super that you crack on with cooking when the kids nap rather than putting your feet up! Home made pitta bread sounds delicious - great varied planner x

 
At 5 June 2012 at 09:01 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

I started doing it when they were smaller and we had a gate across the kitchen door - they used to scream blue murder if I went the other side of the gate, and I couldn't handle two crawlers and one hot oven!!! Works really well for me - and I do manage a sit down for a bit too! Quite what I'm going to do when they don't have that nap anymore I have no clue...

 
At 7 June 2012 at 12:55 , Blogger Lauren - Big Eejit said...

Lovely comforting meals. I'm sorry, but your veg box tales always make me chuckle!!!!!

 
At 7 June 2012 at 14:05 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

Chuckle away!! It's because it only happens once a week, it's like an exciting treat for them - slightly stressful for me though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home