This page has moved to a new address.

 

              Meal Planning Monday        

 
    Two of Everything: Meal Planning Monday

Monday 11 June 2012

Meal Planning Monday

This morning I decided to get a bit more organised with the veg box exploration, so I got some plastic bags ready and asked the children to help me put the loose veg, like the carrots, into the bags.  It was a bit of a hit!  It definitely curbed the dropping and they were very good at it.  I'm going to do it like this again and hopefully they'll get into it.  Now if I can just get Little Man to stop sampling the wares...



Here's what we're having with the contents of the veg box this week:

Roast chicken with baked potatoes, carrots and peas - this was last night's dinner, and there was no veg left from last week's veg box!


Broad bean and chicken pilaf - a Good Food recipe which I found while searching for broad bean inspiration.  I was going to peel the beans (Little Miss still has no molars and struggles with things like skins on veg and fruit) but I've just podded them ready for later and they're so lovely and green I'm not going to bother.


Pan-fried hake with chorizo and haricot bean stew and spinach - this is loosely based on a meal I had in a restaurant a few weeks ago - it was delicious so I'm going to give it a whirl, with obviously only a small amount of chorizo because of the salt... (update: I've posted the recipe now, here)


Cheesy broccoli quiches with potato wedges and salad - I first made these for the children at Christmas and they really enjoyed them so I'm going to make another batch.  It involves making cheese pastry from scratch and I'm rather wondering about the wisdom of choosing to do this mid-week...  I rarely do things by halves... (update: pics on facebook - they worked really well, but I didn't sit down all day!)


Spaghetti bolognaise - no explanation needed except I try to cook this for a good three hours, makes it much tastier than a quick 20 minutes.  I'm doing a big batch so I've got some left to freeze too.


This weekend we had Turkey and Apricot Burgers, my entry for the Britmums 'Lean on Turkey' competition.  I can really recommend them; they were delicious, even though I do say so myself!

I'm heading over to Mrs M's to see what everyone else is eating this week.

10 Comments:

At 11 June 2012 at 17:29 , Blogger Lauren Jewhurst said...

Lovely meal plan x

 
At 11 June 2012 at 18:37 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos. It looks like Christmas!

 
At 11 June 2012 at 22:16 , Anonymous Belfast Mummy said...

Love your menu, yours is always one of my favourites. I must check out your burgers, they sound delicious. x

 
At 11 June 2012 at 22:49 , Blogger Jenny said...

Ooooh I will,check out your Lean on turkey burgers!
I am always impressed by your meals so varied and yummy! X

 
At 11 June 2012 at 23:13 , Blogger The Mini Mes and Me said...

Your planner is always great, quite varied and adventurous compared to ours! Sounds yummy.x

 
At 12 June 2012 at 08:33 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

Thank you :)

 
At 12 June 2012 at 08:33 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

You would think it was from the excitement!

 
At 12 June 2012 at 08:34 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

Aww thanks! :)

 
At 12 June 2012 at 08:35 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

Thank you - I love eating!!!

 
At 12 June 2012 at 08:36 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

I think the veg box makes me a bit more adventurous - there's always different stuff in it so I have to get a bit creative!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home