This page has moved to a new address.

 

              Chicken Pasta with Courgettes, Peas and Pesto        

 
    Two of Everything: Chicken Pasta with Courgettes, Peas and Pesto

Friday 20 July 2012

Chicken Pasta with Courgettes, Peas and Pesto

This recipe was inspired by one I saw in the August Good Food magazine, so I wasn't going to blog it.  But when I realised the only matching factors were pasta, pesto and chicken (and their's was ready cooked) I decided it was different enough to claim it as mostly mine!  This is a lovely summery recipe, and uses pesto mixed with creme fraiche as a sauce.  I've often used this combination as a sauce for filled pasta and it's really yummy.  I let Little Man have a taste of it before I added it to the pan and he loved it, he kept coming back saying "more, more!", and he and his sister got the scrapings from the bowl at the end of their tea!  This  recipe serves 4 adults.


Ingredients

Pack of chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 medium courgettes, chopped
2 handfuls of frozen peas
160g pasta
2 heaped dsp pesto (I used homemade, mainly to keep the salt down)
1 heaped dsp creme fraiche (I used half fat, for my sake!)

Method

First, put the pasta on to cook.  

Heat a large, non-stick, shallow pan on a medium-high heat, and cook the chicken for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.  Add the courgettes, season with ground black pepper, and cook for a further 5 minutes, adding the peas for the last couple of minutes.  

While the chicken and veg are cooking, mix the pesto and creme fraiche together.  

When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the pan with the chicken.  Remove from the heat and stir in the pesto sauce.  

Enjoy!


I'm linking this recipe up with Mrs M's Recipe Link Party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home