This page has moved to a new address.

 

              Meal Planning Monday - 16th July        

 
    Two of Everything: Meal Planning Monday - 16th July

Monday 16 July 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 16th July

I found meal planning hard work when I sat down to do it at the end of last week.  Both the children had been poorly with a sickness bug over the course of the week, and I ended up with it by Friday, so I was feeling a bit jaded and uninspired!  Luckily my new Good Food magazine arrived so that helped get me going a little, and hopefully I've just about pulled it out of the bag!

When the veg box arrived this morning I was a little less than organised (I'm still not feeling quite 100% yet...) so it was raided once again.  I now have tomatoes covered in bite marks, but the children really enjoyed having a bit of a chew so I wasn't going to create a battle by removing them from their little paws.  I managed to persuade them to help me put them in a bag (bite marks included) and I think I may have to do an emergency batch of Roast Tomato Sauce later, before they deteriorate!  The carrots arrived in a muddy state (well, it's been a bit rainy!) which Little Man was less than impressed by - he picked one up and pulled a face.  At least he didn't try to eat that...




Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Quorn Sausage Pasta Bake

Grilled Salmon with new potatoes, corn on the cob and broccoli - the sweetcorn is from the supermarket - not quite seasonal for us yet but the children love it and I'm trying to feel a bit summery!

Chicken and courgette pasta with pesto - this is loosely based on a recipe in the new Good Food magazine, which uses green beans.  I'm going to make pesto and mix in some creme fraiche to make a creamy sauce, hopefully it should go down well as it contains some of the children's favourite things.


Spaghetti Bolognaise


Fennel and tomato couscous with seabass - couscous from Jamie Oliver's recipe again - it's so delicious and we haven't had seabass for ages so I thought I'd treat us!

4 Comments:

At 16 July 2012 at 18:54 , Blogger kitchen princess said...

I like the sound of the chicken with courgette and pesto. I've never been able to grow corn, not sure where I go wrong. I buy it frozen most of the time, it only seems to be on the markets for a month or so.

 
At 17 July 2012 at 23:02 , Blogger Lauren - Big Eejit said...

Hope you're all on the mend :)

 
At 18 July 2012 at 21:04 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

I'm impressed you've tried to grow it! The stuff we had this week was Spanish...

 
At 18 July 2012 at 21:04 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

Th\nk you, much better now :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home