This page has moved to a new address.

 

              Meal Planning Monday - 23rd July        

 
    Two of Everything: Meal Planning Monday - 23rd July

Monday 23 July 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 23rd July

We're getting quite good at sorting the vegetables out now!  I gave the children a bag each before opening the box and they put courgettes in one and carrots in the other.  Little Man started off by putting everything in one bag, but soon cottoned on:

Sampling the wares, again...


Little Miss got it straight away, but then she does like sorting things out!  And the pepper that was in the box was a PROPER pepper - you don't get them like this in the supermarket:


Cor, look at that!


So here's what we're eating this week:

Salmon with new potatoes and broccoli - again, but we all love it!


Curried squash, lentil and coconut soup with naan bread - this is a recipe from a Good Food magazine, one which I tore out months ago.  Of course when I decided to make this, it was last week and freezing cold, but I'm sure there are no laws against eating soup in hot weather?!  Anyway, it has coconut milk in, which makes it positively tropical...


Chicken and Courgette Pasta with pesto - This was going to be Broad Bean and Chicken Pilaf I have made before, but the broad beans I was expecting in the veg box were replaced with courgettes.  This does happen from time to time - the list on the website is really just a guide.  I made this last week and it was delicious; the recipe is here.


Turkey and Apricot Burgers with potato wedges and salad - I've been meaning to make these again for ages but haven't got round to it.  They are really yummy.

Noodles with bacon, mushrooms and peppers - this will be for me - The Daddy has a takeaway on a Friday night and the children have something quick and easy, usually pasta or something from the freezer.  This is the only night we eat after the children have gone to bed, and I am starving by the time I have watched them eat theirs!

I'm joining this up with Mrs M.

4 Comments:

At 23 July 2012 at 22:45 , Blogger Lauren - Big Eejit said...

Wow that pepper is amazing! Love the sound of the noodles :)

 
At 23 July 2012 at 22:52 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

It certainly is - you don't get more wiggly than that!

 
At 24 July 2012 at 12:47 , Blogger Ffi said...

That chicken and courgette pasta sounds yummy and I'm glad that your two are eating it!

Mine, on the other hand probably wouldn't!

BNM

 
At 24 July 2012 at 13:44 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

To be honest, they weren't very sure about the courgettes in it - although they'll eat them in other things. So part of the reason I'm doing it again is to get them used to them, I find it works really well giving them lots of opportunities to see things they don't seem as keen on...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home