This page has moved to a new address.

 

              Meal Planning Monday - 30th July        

 
    Two of Everything: Meal Planning Monday - 30th July

Monday 30 July 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 30th July

In our veg box this week:
Carrots
Cauliflower
Plum Tomatoes
Potatoes
Spring Onions
White Mushrooms

This is the small veg box, so I also ordered some corn on the cob, baby courgettes and some extra tomatoes.


Here's what we're eating this week:

Lamb and mint burgers, hummus, potato wedges, cucumber and avocado - these are really nice burgers, and we have a healthy pot of mint in the garden at the moment, which is begging to be used!  I'll be using the spring onions from the box to make the burgers too.


Pan-fried hake, roast tomato sauce with rice and courgettes - I think rice always need something wet and tasty with it, especially when you're cooking with no salt as I do.  This roast tomato sauce fits the bill perfectly, and I'm looking forward to trying the different varieties of courgette with it.


Marinated chicken breasts, potatoes, garlicky mushrooms and corn on the cob - we've had some mushroom refusal in the recent past, however when I did some of these mushrooms for myself (I only had a few left), they were sampled, gobbled, and I didn't get to eat very many myself!  I think the trick is to saute them in a bit of spray oil so they dry out a little bit, and lose the slug-like texture...


Cauliflower and chickpea curry with rice - I love cauliflower in curry, and always order it as a side dish when we go out for a proper one.  I bought some fenugreek a couple of weeks ago so I'm going to have a play with that, and I'll be using fresh tomatoes.  


Baked hake with lemony couscous and chargrilled courgettes and peppers - this will be for me on Friday night, while The Daddy has a takeaway.

I'm off to Mrs M's to see what everyone else is eating this week.



6 Comments:

At 30 July 2012 at 15:04 , Blogger Seren said...

I love hake - so nice to seeing it pop up (and not once but twice!!)

Have a fab week.

Sx

 
At 30 July 2012 at 15:46 , Blogger The Mini Mes and Me said...

Lovely variety. The minted lamb burgers sound yum! Love the pics of your little uns exploring the veg :) x

 
At 30 July 2012 at 20:38 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

There's always just a little bit too much for all of us, so I'm having the leftovers!

 
At 30 July 2012 at 20:39 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

Thank you :)

 
At 30 July 2012 at 21:33 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've really put me off mushrooms now with your slug description lol.

 
At 30 July 2012 at 22:06 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

Oops, sorry!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home