This page has moved to a new address.

 

              Meal Planning Monday - 9th July        

 
    Two of Everything: Meal Planning Monday - 9th July

Monday 9 July 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 9th July

I didn't manage a Meal Planning Monday post last week on holiday.  I did one for the first week but as I relaxed more I didn't care quite so much about being so organised!  But I did actually do this plan whilst still on holiday - I wanted to get my shopping ordered online to arrive when we came home on Saturday, so I wouldn't end up with bare shelves and an empty fridge.  I haven't had a conventional veg box this week, I decided to make up my own as the boxes had a bit too much in the way of salads for my toddlers, but here they are having a nosey, with my brother to help!


Here's what we're having this week

Slow Roast Lamb Shoulder (a Jamie Oliver recipe) with roast butternut squash, broccoli and jacket potatoes - we have my brother with his wife and their nearly 6 month old baby coming for tea so a joint is required, even though it's Monday!  This is a great recipe - stick it in the oven and leave it.


Broad Bean and Chicken Pilaf (a Good Food recipe) - this went down so well last time I'm going to do it again.  It seems broad beans are a huge hit.


Beef stew (with shallots, squashand carrots) - it seems bonkers making stew in July but as far as I'm aware, we're still waiting for summer...


Mussel and broccoli pasta - this is a Mamacook recipe (if you haven't seen her blog yet you really should - brilliant recipes for little ones and grown ups too).  I haven't offered mussels yet so this could be interesting!


Beans and courgettes in tomato sauce with rice and grated cheese - because it's easy, and by the end of this week, back to being on my own after two weeks with an extra pair of hands, that's what I'll need!

You can see what everyone else is eating this week at Mrs M's.

10 Comments:

At 9 July 2012 at 15:33 , Anonymous Emma @ Mummy Musings said...

Love the sound of the mussel & brocolli pasta, and the beans and courgettes in tomato sauce.

Hope you had a good holiday

 
At 9 July 2012 at 20:24 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

It was a lovely holiday, thank you :) The courgette recipe is very popular here, I never thought I'd get toddlers eating chunks of vegetables! I might try and put it on here soon.

 
At 9 July 2012 at 21:44 , Blogger Jenny said...

your menu is so inspired each week! i bow down to your mean planning amazingness! x

 
At 9 July 2012 at 22:05 , Anonymous TheBoyandMe said...

Very imaginative meals, I really need to do more than food from the freezer!

 
At 9 July 2012 at 22:16 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

Ooh wowsers! *blushes*

 
At 9 July 2012 at 22:20 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

The children eat from the freezer once a week when hubby has a takeaway after they've gone to bed - I actually have two freezers!! (Although, in my defence, one whole drawer is full of fishing bait...)

 
At 11 July 2012 at 10:02 , Blogger Ffi said...

The beans and courgettes recipe sounds nice but I cannot see my kids eating it!

BNM

 
At 11 July 2012 at 11:49 , Blogger Lauren - Big Eejit said...

Wow mussels - you're brave! That Jamie Olive lamb is delicious, enjoy! x

 
At 11 July 2012 at 20:08 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

I have strange children - they love vegetables, and even though they're chunky in this recipe, it's near the top of their list!

 
At 11 July 2012 at 20:09 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

Yes, the lamb was gorgeous, it went down very well! I'm crossing my fingers for the mussels...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home